DONNELLY CLAIMS HE’S THE “TRUMP CANDIDATE.”
REALITY: Donnelly stood with Nancy Pelosi in opposition to Trump’s signature tax reform plan.
DONNELLY CLAIMS TO BE THE “REAL” REPUBLICAN IN THE RACE.
REALITY: Donnelly, as an Assemblyman, voted with San Francisco liberals to pass legislation lightening sentences for drug dealers, including those working for Mexican cartels.
DONNELLY CLAIMS TO BE THE “REAL” GUN ADVOCATE IN THE RACE.
REALITY: Donnelly cannot legally own a gun due to his criminal past, which includes multiple convictions spanning several decades.
DONNELLY ACCUSED A SITTING PRESIDENT OF SUPPORTING TERRORISTS.
REALITY: Donnelly, as an Assemblyman, authored a bill preventing California from handing over to the US military suspected terrorists, thus creating the first ‘sanctuary’ state for terrorists in the country. Specifically, the bill prohibited “an agency in the State of California [or] a political subdivision of this state… from knowingly aiding an agency of the Armed Forces of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, or detention of a person within California pursuant the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (NDAA).”
If that sounds a lot like California’s “Sanctuary State” laws, you’re right. Donnelly’s bill was the model.
DONNELLY CLAIMS TO BE A “PATRIOT NOT POLITICIAN.
REALITY: Donnelly needs money, and being in politics pays well — hence he keeps running for office. In his own words to the senior citizen he scammed for tens of thousands of dollars, “If I do get back in office or get more steady work, I’ll get a loan, and pay you off in full immediately.”
THAT’S WHY HE’S SOUGHT FIVE POLITICAL OFFICES IN SIX YEARS:
- California Governor in 2014, for which, Jack Pitney, professor of politics at Claremont McKenna College, wrote, “[Donnelly] has about as much chance of becoming governor as (former Gov.) Arnold Schwarzenegger has of becoming pope.” Why did he run? Money. He needs it, and he’s learned to skim money from his campaigns.
- State Senator in 2015, less than a year after his run for governor.
- Congress in 2016, where he failed to make it out of the primary.
- Congress in 2018, where he is finally being exposed as a criminal and fraud.
- And again Congress in 2020.
Sounds like a politician.
Donnelly took $30K in per-diem each of the four years he was in the assembly + $32,000 taxpayer funded vehicle. When asked about it, he said, “It’s part of the deal when you get elected…”
Tim Donnelly is the biggest political fraud in California.
Tim Donnelly was named Right on Daily’s Grifter of the Decade 2010-2019 for stuff like this. To be continued…
Endnote: CA-08 = California’s 8th Congressional District, this is the seat of retiring Republican Paul Cook.