I will remind everyone that I do not know Jessica Patterson personally, I know her only by reputation. I know her only by the paid work she has done as an operative. I have a lot of negative personal experiences with the people around her, which I have written about in the expose’ about the Oligarchy of Controlled Failure.
This is a top ten list, if you will of issues that should concern us all:
Bonus: Travis Allen has raised more money than Jessica Patterson, and it is not even close. Fundraising has been her top selling point in her chairman campaign.
10. Jessica Patterson is a career staffer. To the best of my knowledge, she has never held a job outside the political world. It started in 05-06 in Ventura County and carried forward to today. (Note that her home County of Ventura has not endorsed her)
9. Jessica Patterson has made a career out of working for the far left of the GOP. John McCain, Meg Whitman, Mitt Romney, Rudolph Guiliani and others highlight her pedigree.
8. California Trailblazers – highlighted in her biography as a primary reason for her qualification to serve as chairman has served as an employment agency for consultants. They have paid out over 80% of the money raised in salaries, over $2MM to consultants of which Mrs. Patterson has received over $1.2MM herself in its’ 7+ years of existence, yet when you look for results it is a complete…
7. California #TRAILFAILURE – while Trailblazers is touted as a training and education program, the candidates they have trained and educated have lost. The results have been catastrophic – going from 28-19 in the Assembly, and 15-11 in the State Senate. This is a net loss of 13 seats. Trailblazers has nothing to show for its’ stated mission of electing more Republicans.
6. Jessica Patterson participated as a paid consultant in two efforts to thwart anti prop-14 measures at the CAGOP Convention. The would-be chairman was a combatant in several controversial issues within the CAGOP, yet presents herself as an agent of unity.
5. Jessica Patterson was a paid consultant that participated in an effort to pass an egregious by-law amendment that dictated to local counties how to hold their central committee elections. The bylaw amendment stripped Solano, Merced, Mariposa, Mono, Colusa, Sierra, Plumas and Siskiyou County of their delegates. This by-law amendment was part of a larger effort to…
4. Set up massive expenditures of money hunting down conservatives off of their respective Central Committees. Some $3MM was spent attacking 44 Central Committees seeking to run Conservatives out of their committees in favor of staffers, consultants and staff of consultants. Jessica Patterson is running as an agent of growing the party with this kind of a record.
3. Her Top Advisers have a storied history of hunting conservatives, whether in office or not. These include Luis Buhler and Jeff Randle whose antipathy and hostility towards the Conservative base date back to the 1980’s. Buhler and Randle both masterminded efforts to wipe out conservative incumbents – including Tim Donnelly and Alan Mansoor. Buhler was the mastermind of the massive $3MM expenditure of money against conservatives running for local county parties.
2. Many of her top supporters are political consultants with a lot of financial interest in maintaining the status quo. Millions have been spent and run through County Parties, the State Party and other PAC’s like California Trailblazers. Much of our effort of bringing the focus on to the Oligarchy of Controlled Failure has been to daylight the extremely small world of people that have been calling the shots on the shrinking Republican Caucus in California. More explanation soon.
1A. Jessica Patterson has deep connections to Chad Mayes and Kristen Olsen. Both of these luminaries have set up an organization aimed at attacking the California Republican Party to assuage their bruised egos over being held accountable for both their out of control personal behavior and the disaster known as Cap and Trade. Jessica Patterson’s close relationship to these two should give anyone pause. More explanation soon.
#1 The big kahuna – Jessica Patterson was involved in the operation to shred the California Republican Party Platform. The new platform was devoid of many of the core principles of the Republican Party. Nothing about family issues, Pro-Life plank gone, next to no gun rights language and stripped of many other bread-and-butter positions of the GOP. This issue alone would be enough to oppose her chairmanship bid were it not for the career-long pattern of being an agent for the left of the party.
Do note – The above list is a recitation of political and professional issues with Mrs. Patterson. I am not going to pass judgement on her character as this series of blogs is not about that. She appears to have done well at the jobs she was hired to do. It also seems she has marketable skills and a work ethic. As I have written before, some people have come forward to tell me positive stories about her.
As a conservative, I would not have taken several of the jobs she took.
I think there are some bad people around her (and a lot of good people, too, by the way), people with huge financial interests, and still others that want to remain relevant. Too small a group of people are controlling too much. Jessica Patterson is the candidate of the status-quo, the candidate of the Oligarchy of Controlled Failure.
In addition, based on her employment history, I question her commitment to unity or re-building decimated grassroots. It is what it is. To be continued, as RightonDaily continues to build on the story…