If you are new to the blog, you may not remember that the Captain’s test was compromised in 2016 when Loren Tyler Clark attempted to hose a fellow Lieutenant to improve his own chances of making rank. Click here to see the letter and details of the Captain’s test being invalidated in 2016 and then re-done.
Also – Assistant Sheriff Kevin Vest is alleged to have given the answers to the Lieutenant’s test to Aaron Kent and as well, retired Chief Deputy Kennedy Smith is alleged to have given the Lt’s exam questions to Danny Young.
And now – Academy Advisory Meeting Minutes 040412:
Sgt. Edward Chavez – Class 186 Cheating Incident
- Chavez de-briefed the group about the recent cheating incident involved Class 186.
- At the end of the de-brief, comments were made by the following members:
- RPD Lt. Bruce Loftus – convinced Class 186 recruits cheated and commended RSO for the actions taken.
- Imperial County Sheriff Chief Deputy Steve Gutierrez – asked if a waiver could be drawn up stating if a recruit was caught cheating, they could not re-enter program?
- MVC Director Dave Kroh – responded to the question and discussed the difference between college stance vs. POST (Title V vs. Title 11)
- MVC Dr. Cordell Briggs – added to Mr. Kroh’s explanation
- RSO Lt. Terry Wood – further discussed POST mandated Test Security Agreement and need for it to be done by September/2012. If not, Academy would be suspended.
- Lyle Schroeder – commented on the cost involved to POST on the reconstruction of one compromised test and POST seeking legislation to make this act a misdemeanor crime.
- RSO Chief Deputy Rick Hall – kudos to all staff involved in the handling of this incident.
The entire class was terminated. However, several came back in later classes according to accounts I was told. Now, we have trainees cheating in 2012 and several instances of Cheating at all levels of the department on advancement exams. Is it any wonder morale is a shambles and Sheriff Sniff is launching in to tirades in his office? Like a light on a cockroach, Sniff and his leadership team are being exposed for what they have done.
To be continued…