Stan Sniff’s world is coming unscrewed.
In a tersely worded email and in face-saving responses to his lackeys in the local media, he claims low voter turnout was the reason for his poor showing. Problem, with something like 100,000 ballots left to count, turnout is at almost 24%. Turnout was 22% TOTAL in 2014 when the Sniffmiester got 62% of the vote against Chad Bianco. Turnout will be in the 28-29% range when the count is complete.
This time, Sniff sits at 33% and fading. On election night Sniff was 1.97% behind Chad Bianco. As of today’s update he has collapsed to 2.31% behind. As voter turnout goes up, Sniff’s performance suffers.
While Sniff and his Lackey’s deride the Eeeeeeevil Yoooooooonyun for giving Bianco $600,000 there is this gem:
It appears that Eric Linder and Russ Bogh are set to win their Runoffs in the Fall. Both are squishes and thus should be easily electable and more amenable to negotiation. (Despite being squishes, I happen to like them both)
The insider machinations indicate that Stan Sniff really does understand how badly wounded politically he is. Your Intrepid blogger is aware of several things that indicate possible panic on Floor 2.
- Sniff is reputed to have flown off in to a rage on Election Night and again on Wednesday.
- Sniff was recently at a gun event faking like he is pro second amendment, but people that saw him there noted that he and Mohammad Ali Mazarei did not look so hot
- Chief Undertaker Diyoyo, almost universally loathed by the rank and file, was talked out of letting his retirement be effective 6/1 only because of the appearance of the #2 material retiring mid election season. Looks like Diyoyo will leech off the Taxpayers for another 6 months until he retires and rips us off for his spiked pension for the rest of his life.
- Jackie Horton, wife of Jason “Deuce” Horton, was set to retire sometime around now as well. Instead, she is getting promoted to Captain as the aforementioned “Deuce” Horton is under age 50 and can’t retire with a full pension before Sniff leaves office should Sniff lose in November.
- Leonard “Lenny” Purvis just turned 50. He can retire. It is alleged and rumored that he will be putting in his papers if Chad Bianco wins. Good riddance. (Although his buddies on stilts at the White Day Parade will miss him when butt-bombing)
- There are also a few Captain slots that are being left open so that people in the second floor in “At Will” positions can demote themselves to Captain should Sniff lose. Remember, a Chief Deputy can be canned at any time by the Sheriff, however a Captain has to be “PERS-ed”. Chad Bianco will not be sworn in until about 6 weeks after election day, giving the folks on the 2nd floor ample time to pull a Dunkirk-Style evacuation.
Employees are being forced to work overtime to fill a void in staffing. If you have not understood the impact of this, Imagine working 6 12 hour shifts a week in a job you’ve lost your passion for because your superiors are incompetent, suck-ups, crooked, philanderers or some combination of the four. In addition, the big boss is someone you’ve lost all respect for. It is a wonder why more deputies have not been killed in the line of duty from accidents. Families are being destroyed, children are missing a parent, divorces are happening and the code of conduct is out the window.
And the Sheriff tries to minimize the morale issue all the while his morally bankrupt crew on the second floor are making contingency plans to save their own tails come November.
I’m still coming for you Stan.